First of hats off to Ayngaran International for producing this kind of 100 % class movie, which don’t have any kind commercial cinema elements like intro song, fights, Item song etc.. etc..
Mahesh(Jyothi Lingam) is a plus 2 student, who is good in studies. All of a sudden, his father passes away due to an accident. This makes jothilingam to dis-continue his studies and do some work to support his family members. So he decides to go to chennai and work in a textile shop located in T.Nagar Ranganathan street. His friend pandi also accompanies him to chennai. With lot of dreams they step into chennai. But the scenario and work environment is totally different from the dreams which they had. Due to family circumstances they are forced to work there and send money to their home.
Anjali(Kani) also works in the same textile shop. As usual jothilingam and kani fall in love with each other. The remaining story is all about the problems they face due to so many people around them who are working in the same textile shop. But being an class film, the movie ends happily. I don’t want to reveal the climax, watch it yourself.
Cast & Crew Analysis:
Still i can’t believe that this is mahesh’s debut movie, he acted very well. Anjali,, oh my god,, she lived as a sales person of a textile shop, acted very well. In katrathu tamil, she was ok with acting and dialogue delivery. But in angadi theru, she has improved a lot in all the departments like acting, expression, and dialogue delivery.
Kana Kannum Kanalgal pandi did a decent job, at some places he made us to laugh and towards the second half, we can see him as performance artist. Special mention should be made about director A venkatesh played the role of store supervisor, he performed well.Special appearance by sneha was good and her portion was placed in the right place.Powerful dialogues by jayamohan.
Music composed by G.V prakash and Vijay Antony. Aval apadi onnum alagillai stays in our heart when we leave the theater. Rest of the songs were just ok. Back Ground score by Vijay Antony was not up to the mark. Cinematography was handled by Richard Maria, he did a fabulous job. Being a debut cinematographer, he rocked in every frame. He must have felt really tough to shoot inside such crowd place like T Nagar.
Finally the captain of the ship, vasantha balan did a gr8 job rite from story selection, artist selection, screenplay, costumes, location etc..etc..
First half was good with some couple of songs, but second half seem to very lengthy. But there was no ir-relevant scenes in the movie. All the audience won’t be having patience to watch 3 hours movie, in that sense the director should have removed couple of songs and anjali’s sis portion. Over all its a genuine attempt from Vasantha Balan.
This movie is only for CLASS MOVIE Lovers, Other people like MASALA MOVIE Lovers kindly stay away from this movie. Many Masala movies are on the way to theaters, better wait and watch such movies.
Few Realistic Truth which are shown in this movie are listed below:
- People who sit in the platform and sell things in T Nagar streets, are mostly from other parts of tamilnadu. Many of them are the one’s who came to chennai to make huge money and settle in chennai.
- Selling T-shirt for 10 Rupees in platform, How come it’s possible,, watch this movie and you will understand.
- How the textile shop owners get people to work in their shop, i mean the selection process of the sales person.
- Life of a salesperson after their duty(Worse than hell). I mean the place where they are made to stay and food they are made to eat.
- All most every gal working in the textile shop gets molested by manager/supervisor,, and they cant respond to it or react to it due to their poverty.
- Even the uniform which they provide for the employees is not free,, the amount will be detected from the first month’s salary.
- In case if they are late to the work,their salary will be reduced based on the duration by which they are late.
Few Real Life Inspired Scenes Added In The Movie :
- People using platform as their bed room, all of a sudden lorry miss it’s balance and runs over the platform which takes many ppl life and legs of few ppl.
- A Truck containing many people, while crossing railway track, it gets struck and train bangs on the truck due to it’s speed. As the result all the people die on the spot.
All these things just show the amount of hard work the director has put in, he must have did lot of research about textile malls, hats off to him.
In case if i watch the movie again, i can pen down some more points. When you visit any textile mall in future, have all these points in your mind, and be kind to sales persons, after all they too are humans like us.
Expected No Of Days Of Successful Run: — NA–
My Verdict:–NA– Depends on how the Tamil Audience gonna react to this masterpiece
Bottom Line: Do Visit This Theru(Street) without fail..